Monday, June 16, 2008

A TRIBUTE TO OUR FATHER'S

Not many couples out there have Father's who share the same name. John and I were blessed to have great Father's. They both were named Sam. So as we just celebrated Father's day I wanted to pay TRIBUTE to the two men in our lives who were everything to us.I don't know if it came with the name Sam but both of our Father's were great men many loved them and respected them. I don't think either one of them had an enemy in this world. They both had big hearts that would give their shirts off their backs if they needed to. They both had a great sense of humor you knew when you were around them that you were going to laugh and laugh a lot. They both were hard working they taught their children to be trustworthy as well as a good work ethic. My Father Sam Rudd was a very giving person in serving others especially he made sure that the widows or widowers were always taken care of. I know many times my father made sure those who were in need were taken care of no matter what they needed. My Father in Law Sam Acquisto did what he needed to to make sure his family was always taken care of.He taught by example in how to treat other's. Our family both were blessed by these two men when times were hard and painful for our families. I will always be so grateful for my Father in Law in letting our family live with him and his wife for five months when things were so challenging. It was a great time for our children to get to know their Grandparents better as well as witness what a giving heart they both had. I know it was hard on them at times as Sam and his wife Kay were newlyweds for a year and here comes our family of six to live with them. Then when we moved to Utah my parents left off with what Kay and Sam did by helping us get on our feet and make the transfer here in Utah. I think I could go on and on about these great men who both shared the same name as Sam. Maybe it is just a feeling I have but just maybe it has something to do with the name Sam that they are great Father's I sure do hope so as I have a son named Sam I hope that one day he will be a great Father as well. WE LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU BOTH. Thanks for being such good men.

2 comments:

acquisto said...

Nan,
I loved your comments, they brought tears to my eyes. Could you post a picture of our two dads on your blog.
Love ya,
John

Kristie and Roger said...

very nice sis..........thanks